As we see, current "Google Communication Suite" is very disperse, probably because some of the products have been acquired recently and the integration is not clear yet.
From my point of view these are the short term perspectives of evolution of this product suite:
- Any user will be able to get and associate international phone numbers to their Google accounts
- Unified Visual Inbox including activity from GMail, Google Voice, Buzz and maybe Google Wave.
- New Desktop Application (being an improved GTalk desktop application or a new web interface)
- Replacing Mobile Phone dialers with Google "Communicator"
- Corporate services: Replacing current PBX and webconference products with integrated and cheaper solutions as part of their Google Apps suite
- Bringing Advertisement to real-time communications embedded contextual ads in end-user applications, voicemail messages and even in the middle of call in real time.